Business Analyst (New York)
Location: New York City
The business analyst is a line-of-business departmental expert who bridges the gap between the technical team and business team throughout a project lifecycle from inception to solution implementation and evaluation.
The BA collaborates with business experts to model the business domain, create business use cases, define the business rule vocabulary, and manage decisions based on business rules and events. BAs also work with developers to design decision management solutions, author and test business rules, and implement decision governance processes.
The BA is a part of RCA’s Analytics team and works closely with the Technology team and other stakeholders. A successful BA will be able to design, analyze, test, and review the processes and business rules governing RCA’s data. Additionally, the BA will produce sophisticated analysis that will determine the business decisions regarding how data is managed and displayed in client-facing products. An understanding of the domestic and international commercial real estate market will be helpful in this position, but not necessarily a prerequisite.
- Under direction, comprehend a characteristic or legal/financial mechanism of the commercial real estate market to translate into decision logic
- Develop and test business logic’s impact on data input, output
- Based on analysis, develop proposals for action or implementation plans as necessary and present to management
- Communicate with other departments as necessary
- Elicit stakeholder needs, investigate and clarify desires, to understand issues and causes
- Document business requirements for development
- Audit deployment of rules on client-facing products and data quality
- Be able distill and present complex ideas into a clear and concise visual representation
- Ability to adapt to changes and pivot quickly
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a Business Analyst role
- Proficient in written and verbal communication including technical writing skills
- Proficiency with spreadsheets and database software (SQL, SAS, Mongo, etc)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Advanced analytical and organization skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Familiarity with Python, R, SPSS or equivalent
- Experience with business rules engine implementation and use
- Understanding of Commercial Real Estate domain
- CBAP certified