Location: New York
We are seeking a talented and team-focused scrum master to help our skilled teams succeed in developing software products as part of our industry leading search and analytics platform.
- Encourage the team and organization to follow Agile/Scrum practices
- Remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem-solving and constructive discussion
- Supporting & coaching the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining and managing the product backlog
- Support the team to improve their technical work by reviewing results, establish lessons learned and track the improvement
- Facilitate all agile ceremonies – ensure team commitment and engagement in the process
- Collaborate with peers to improve transparency and Agile process across teams
- Experience in a Scrum Master role for 3+ years in a software development team
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Effective communicator with the ability to tailor communication for difference audiences
- Experience in agile practices using Scrum, Kanban, XP, SAFe, LeSS, etc.
- Familiarity using JIRA/Atlassian tools on a software development project
- CSM certification preferred